CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

feelin' Dominica

So after a missed flight that "stuck" us in Antigua for a night... is stuck the right word?... we finally arrived in our new home for the next couple years, the Nature Island of the Caribbean, the island where parts of Pirates of the Caribbean II was shot, the Island of Dominica. Leaving Antigua at 530 am after flying a redeye from Salt Lake to Newark, then a 4 hour flight to Antigua left these two cowboys wondering what we had gotten into. We boarded a two-prop puddle jumper in antigua before the sun was up. Luckily it was only a 30 minute flight and we had 4 or 5 other stranded classmates to keep us company on the trip.
The approach into melville-hall airport comes in low off the sea and traces a small canyon to an unlit runway, all routine no doubt for the caribbean pilots. We landed and embarked on a taxi ride along the coast and across the interior of the Island to our apartment in picard, right across the street from Ross University...
As we watched the sunrise over the undescribable island scenery, we thought, "yeah... I think we might be able to pull this off."... and one nagging question to all those we left behind in the gorgeous rocky mountains...
Wanna get away?...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we come visit----a lot?!!! Better yet---next Garlock reunion--your place!

Adam Harward said...

Looks like we won't be seeing you every six months anymore:) I'm seriously jealous of you guys. I had no idea you were headed down there but then again why would I, I haven't seen you in six months. We'll have to keep in touch and keep us posted as to your adventures. As for a trip down to see you.....I liked the Pirates movie...but would I have to wear eye liner?

MOMMACITA said...

Yeppers. I wanna get away.

PS Finally a blog entry. I just had to say it.

BirdieMann said...

Yes!!!

Jenny said...

Arrrrgh, me harties. So glad you made it safely. Enjoy that sunshine!

Kris "to the" Ten said...

Glad things came together for you guys. Enjoy the sun and surf. You guys are such a cute couple I'm so glad I got to finally meet Matt. keep in touch