CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Evenly Eventful

Hello one and all. Well this has been quite an eventful week. There were a lot of new things I did this week as Matt studied. Most were good, some bad.
GOOD - I attended a new yoga class on Saturday. It was on a deck right next to the ocean. There was no music, just the sound of the wave lapping against the sand and my breathing. Very exhilarating.
BAD - I can't stop eating cookies (or any other food). One night I consumed a whole box. Ridiculous.
GOOD - On Thursday I started going to two new service opportunities. In the morning we went to a school to work on reading with children. At night at the church there is a ESL class which I will help teach in the coming weeks. It's nice to stay busy here. I feel lucky.

BAD. Very bad- I experienced a nightmar-ish ordeal with some weavels in my food (I would blog about it, but it still makes me ill to think about it. Maybe another time.)
GOOD - Matt and I got new callings in the ward. He will be teaching Elders Quorum and I will be a Relief Society teacher. Pretty laid back callings, hip hip hooray.
Here are some other pictures from the week. Enjoy!

This is a picture of some of the children in the After School Program (4 of the 12). We were playing the game Sardines. Some had never played it before and were having trouble not giggling. Everyday this group of kids does something hilarious.


Here is a picture of many of the fruits and vegies we get at the market every Saturday. I wash it in bleach water to destroy the bacterias. Usually I'll pick up mangoes, oranges, apples (which are expensive), grapefruits, all kinds of lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumbers, peppers, green beans (our favorite), limes, potatoes, and bananas. Since I'm so indecisive, it takes me forever to pick out the produce...but well worth it during supper time.


Ok, I'm pretty proud of myself about this shell. When Matt took a break from studying on Friday, we went to the local beach for a swim. The ocean doesn't have too many waves, but there is plenty of sea life close to the shores. I brought my goggles and was checkin out the fishes and such. Suddenly, I saw this baby laying by a small coraled rock. I shouted to Matt that I found a shell and asked if I should try bringing it to shore -a lot of big shells have creatures living inside them. He said go for it, so I dragged it behind me all the way back to the beach. I was a tad nervous something was inside of it, but my mind was put at ease after checking it out with Willy.

It's cool, huh. I did a victory shout on the beach and showed everyone that came by my new trophy (I'm such an american idiot). It's not everyday you find a shell as big as your head, so that was a great event.

Now this is a great picture: Willy studying his brains out. Don't you just feel smarter by lookin' at this pic?! It will be a site to see for many more days, months, and years to come. I'd just like to give a shout out to him for doing such a dedicated job at studying so far.

8 comments:

Taryn said...

Weavels in your food? Reason #2 that I can never come visit you.

Annie said...

Do fruits and vegetables taste better in the Caribbean? They look like they would.

MOMMACITA said...

1. Got my money's worth on your swimming lessons: impressed about the swimming and dragging giant shells
2. Don't want to relive the weavil story.
3. Happy about the bleach water
4. Good thing you're young so you don't mind having to do bleach water
5. That son-in-law studying: SO VERY (and all kinds of) CUTE!

MOMMACITA said...

6. Way to face your fears: bugs, ookie sea creatures, baterias. You the man Leigh

MOMMACITA said...

bacterias

amanda said...

i don't even know what a weavel is...must be pretty bad. that shell is awesome! and i really like that you used the phrase "supper time." nice.

Becky said...

Ouch, I think one of my brain cells just filled up with something and popped. It happened when I saw Matt studying. It sometimes happens when Chris studies too. Weird.
That is such an awesome shell and I'm glad nobody was living in it, but then again, you could have had him for dinner with a side of weavels. Ick! It looks like you are having a great time and keeping busy with some awesome things.

Jex said...

Willy, you look like you are having lots of fun! Any ballers out there?