CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

Middleham Falls








I tried to create a six picture series so you could see how long the water fall really is. As you can see, it only kinda worked. It was quite beautiful though. Myself and four other ladies went on this hike last Saturday, leaving matt and the other med students to study for their first big exam. The first "mini" is going on right now! Best wishes to my study bug Willy on remembering all the information he studied. Anyways, the Middleham hike took about 50 minutes each way.

We had a guide from Extreme Adventures named Victor who was fabulous. When we got to the falls, the mist was freezing. Victor, who grew up on the island, said he has never come to the falls without jumping in. Four of us followed him down the rocky banks to test our guts and took the plunge into the cold cold water. We jumped off some cliffs and climbed in some caves -it was invigorating.


From the left: Jamie, me, Katie, Aileen, Erica, Mike -the extreme adventure crew :)

12 comments:

Shalyse said...

HOW MUCH FUN! I JUST GET SO STINKING JEALOUS EVERYTIME i READ YOUR BLOG! YOU ARE LIVING A DREAM!!! :-

Becky said...

Did he have to use a machete? Did anyone make Tarazan noises while jumping into the falls? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

We just love you guys! Looks like you are having an amazing time! What beautiful weather and flowers...we love checking in on your blog to stay in touch!

Springer Splatter said...

Leigh, Wow! I guess your not in Lehi anymore. What a cool change! I really enjoyed reading your blog and it sounds like you are having a good time and making great memories. I will check back from time to time. Are you going to be able to come to the class reuion this July? Take care and I am glad to find your blog!

BirdieMann said...

We miss you guys!

elizabeth said...

This is so you! I love that you got married and moved to a tropical island. That is so awesome.

RR said...

G-lock,
I need to see the place where you live. Now if I'm thinking of coming out there how do I get check airlines?? Also where is the tourist area? I can't believe you are on that island..CRAZY! The babe is good. She looks so much like hommy..we call her lil' G. I miss you. Does your celly work. Do they have phone service out there? Are you working? Talk to me Goose!! rr

RR said...

I meant cheap airlines??

MOMMACITA said...

Change the blog already. I have to write my comments on other people's blogs, instead of my own child's, and one of them has threatened to put a picture of my rear end on their blog because of what I said. I guess they didin't like me imagining aunt diana in a thong that said Mormons for Obama on it. geez. some people can be so prickly. Give the world what they want and what they need. T-E-AAAAAA-M Williams. Oh you better believe I'm shouting it, with a little hostility thrown in. get crackulating little momma.

Anonymous said...

Booo! It's been a month since you wrote. What are you doing?!?!? Lounging by an ocean?! Not a good enough excuse. How can I live through you if I can't track what you are doing on a daily basis?!

:)

Kurt & Shawn said...

So, Leigh girl, I guess the nagging from your mom really hasn't encouraged you much. I know, it has to come from the heart. Speaking of heart, how is the Matt Doc? How are you feeling these days and I hope it is not miserably hot there during your delicate condition. Personally, I am all for a picture of Aunt Diana in a thong. Really, I think it should be both your Mom and Aunt Diana. Trust me, I can machine quilt around any shapes and sizes!!!!!

jakenapril said...

I agree that it's beautiful, but I still love good ole' Multnomah Falls in our home state. But I would love a tropical scene to enjoy it in...lucky you!