CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

So here's a few fun pictures of a branch activity we had on Saturday. It was at a local nursing home in Portsmouth, Dominica. We brought some hygiene kits from the LDS Humanitarian Center and some enthusiastic primary kids to sing some songs. There were a few children I could tell were NOT thrilled to be in a nursing home (kinda like I was at that age), but most of them did an excellent job talking to the "grandma's and grandpa's".

Our little primary singers.
Unlike in america where we lock up our 'old people' and put them in diapers, in Dominica, most of the older generation are cared for by their children. So this nursing home only had around 12 residents. They have the most centenarians (not to be confused with centurians -which I did until my poor husband had to correct me...um embarrassing!!) per captia in the world.

Here's a picture of Team Williams...looking quite haggard, in our opinion. Its a look we're getting use to pulling off day after day with a few 'pretty' days in between. At least it is better than a picture of a scar and a bruised bottom, yes?



11 comments:

Becky said...

Bruised bottoms are always interesting, weird, but interesting. I'm looking pretty haggard these days but I don't think I have a good enough excuse to share. You two are always pretty by the way.
Chris had better get a good job and soon so we can come visit you before you are all done down there.
See ya later!

MOMMACITA said...

The reason you didn't know the difference between those two words is because your mother never taught you because she doesn't know herself because she only watches tv.

MOMMACITA said...

ps. I'm always ps-ing. I love these kind of blogs. just throwing it out there.

Krista said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I am double and triple bagging everything now so hopefully that will help. I am tired of killing weevils!

Jayme said...

Leigh!! You are having a baby boy!!!!! ME TOO!! When are you due? I am due Dec. 11, but will have him on the 5th since I have to have another c-section. I was so sad I missed you when you were in Denver. Can you come back?

Tara said...

Leigh! Edith, Sondra, and Carolyn are all on the blogging world too! They are on my blog list. How have you been?

Tara

Linda said...

I cannot believe where you are and what you're doing! that's awesome!! I always hated going to the old folks home as a kid too. They always smelled bad, I always saw some old lady walking around topless, and inevitably someone would yell at me or want to touch me. yikes.

I love your moms blog!

Charakie said...

Hey Matt and Leigh! I found your blog through Chris and Tysen's and am so glad to hear that Matt is doing well. Congrats on your news...boys are fun! Let me know if you want me to send him some U of U clothing :) George and I have a blog but it's private so if you want me to send you an invite email me at charakiegs@yahoo.com. Good luck with everything!

Whitney said...

Have you had your baby yet or what?

Amy G said...

It sure sounds like you guys are doing a lot of service! It's fun to read your blog, now we have one that I'm actually posting on. Didn't you have to head back to the states this month?

Hope you're doing well!!!

kent and liz said...

I am so glad that I stumbled upon your post. I went from Bianca's to breckan's to whitney's to yours! I am the worst, obviously, with keeping in touch with friends... so maybe this will help, knowing that you have a blog! Sounds like you are having a blast, when you are not slipping on slippery stairs, out in the Dominican Republic? I think that is where you are. And congrats on the bump! That is awesome. Do you know boy or girl yet? Miss you, hope to hear from you soon. - liz