CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Scars, Bumps, and Bruises

Hey everybody, we got some pictures here for ya. They're not pretty, although they are pretty interesting. Sorry if any of these pictures are too graphic. Its been a graphic week.

Up first is Willy's freshly exposed scar. Its not big, but it packs a punch. It's on his lower back and only about a inch and a half long. He's been following doctor's orders and keeping his activity to a minimum. Lots of lying down, no twisting, no bending, no tennis. Despite his banishment from sports, he still wants a new tennis racket and some running shoes for his birthday.

Oh, here it is: the first actual picture of my belly's belly. Not too shabby for 24 weeks.
Okay, this is a doosie. What you are looking at is my right cheek, as in my bottom. This is the worst bruise I've had since I was 15 years old. On Tuesday I went to my friend Chelsie's to plan our ESL class. She lives on the third floor and it had been raining all day. The stairs to her place are tiled with the most SLIPPERY tile in the universe. I was being very very careful going to and from her apartment, but ZING and THONK, THUNK, THUNK, THUNK, THUNK. I fell down at least five stairs on my cushioned rump. No one was around and I didn't scream or anything - I just pathetically hobbled home in the quietness of the rain, thinking 'that's gonna leave a mark'. And it did. Poor me.


11 comments:

[AnnieR] said...

I have a new found respect for you--you totally just mooned the world.

p.s. - Your tummy look incredible.

Brooke Williams said...

unreal. i CANNOT believe that bruise, leigh!! that must have hurt so bad! and i like the belly pic :)

MOMMACITA said...

I am tearing up.

And why did you bother wearing swim suit bottoms on the belly picture if you were just going to show us your bottom on the next?

Becky said...

It seems you are all bumps(tummy not bum-p) and bruises, ha, ha... Ouchi-wa-wah! I love the stage when the bruise turns green.
We are staying the night in Sidney, Nebraska right now and tomorrow we hope to finish the last leg, hip, and thigh of our loooong drive to Utah. Mike and Melissa are angels for helping us. We really would have been a sad picture without them. We miss you guys and thanks for the late night graphic pictures, it's midnight forty according to my biological clock, yawn...

Debbie said...

Nice-----ouchies

Kasey said...

Oh-la-la! That is a doozie for sure! You have a cute tummy for sure!

Matt said...

I think I can see th virgin mary's image in Leigh's bruise... look real close, see what you think...

The Garlock's said...

Hey hey! So Debbie told me to check out your butt I mean blog, more or less your bruise. I've had a pretty nasty bruise from Lake Powell from over a week ago! Looks like you guys are livin the dream and having fun :)

jtibs said...

I did the exact same thing a two years ago and have a permanent dent from it-ask Glo she's seen it. My bruise was way worse though.

MOMMACITA said...

I was just checking to see if you really showed your butt on the internet. Yep.

And Matt is right. There is a possibility for a religious icon. People are going to want to see that thing over and over now. I'm just so proud.

Kurt & Shawn said...

Yes, I can see the outline of the VM and my eye stigmatism is NO MORE. Thank you sweet Leigh for living a higher law. That bum shot will certainly make the rounds for the betterment of THE PEOPLE. We salute you!!!! Your favorite Auntie!!